Wednesday 26 October 2011

Pointless Question: "Hey You're Tall....Do You Play Basketball??"

FYI: Today's blog is to be taken into consideration with the blog that will be posted tomorrow on pointless questions.

I do not consider myself to be a tall person.

In fact I am just shy of 6"4. Which, when considering that the average Canadian male is 6"0...means that I am not that tall in the grand scheme of things.

So why is the first question dopey strangers who I have just met: "You're pretty tall.....do you play basketball??"

No.

I do not play basketball.
I have never played basketball.
I dislike basketball.
I play volleyball.
In fact, I think that being tall is way more advantageous in volleyball then basketball.
This question has no relevance to anything you idiot.
You are a chowderhead for asking me this.
Does it really matter even if I did play basketball??

Seriously. Do I look like a basketball player somehow? 

I don't wear basketball shoes, headbands, wristbands, Kobe Bryant shirts, or Nike clothing.
I don't call it "hoops" or"B-Ball".
I think it's stupid how a 'field goal' is worth 2 points when it's worth 3 in football.
Please explain to me how I look like a basketball player...

In fact, when asked this stupid question (usually by midgets or people shorter than me), I respond with "Hey you're pretty short, do you play miniature golf??"

That usually shuts them up.
Because really, that is pretty much the same kind of statement. 

Why ask a stupid question and expect to get a not-stupid answer?? And of all things why do you assume that I play basketball? 
There are plenty of big hockey players, football players, volleyball players, heck there are even tall tennis players and golfers.

So before you persecute a tall person and make the moronic assumption that they must play basketball.....stop yourself and stuff your hand in your mouth.
Please.

Really....go away.

Ugh.

And that's the Daily Ranter

No comments:

Post a Comment